Sunday, June 01, 2008

Ahhh Lets have a Pity Party



Obama quits Chicago church after long controversy
May 31 11:58 PM US/Eastern
By TOM RAUM
Associated Press Writer

ABERDEEN, S.D. (AP) - Barack Obama said Saturday he has resigned his 20-year membership in the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago "with some sadness" in the aftermath of inflammatory remarks by his longtime pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, and more recent fiery remarks at the church by a visiting priest.
"This is not a decision I come to lightly ... and it is one I make with some sadness," Obama said at a news conference after campaign officials released a letter of resignation he sent to the church on Friday.

"I'm not denouncing the church and I'm not interested in people who want me to denounce the church," he said, adding that the new pastor at Trinity and "the church have been suffering from the attention my campaign has focused on them."

In other words he can't stand the heat so he's getting out of the kitchen. But he still likes the kitchens food!

It's clear that now that I'm a candidate for president, every time something is said in the church by anyone associated with Trinity, including guest pastors, the remarks will imputed to me even if they totally conflict with my long-held views, statements and principles," he said.

Yeah guest pastors that as a State Gongressman you directed over $200,000 in earmarks to. I guess when it comes down to it you'll throw anyoner under the bus just like you did your Grand Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment